Labels

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Out with the old, in with the new


It’s been a while now that the baby girl’s shirts and pants have been a little too short on her, but it’s gotten to the point where I can’t ignore it anymore.  Poor girl has been walking around in crop tops and high waters.  So, I’ve started putting away her 2T clothes to make room for larger sizes.  In the process, I found a bunch of 3T clothes that a friend had given me when baby girl was just born that I had forgotten about.  At the time, it seemed like forever until she’d be in 3T.  In reality, it happened in the blink of an eye.  It’s so cliché, but they do grow so fast.  I think it wasn’t until I had children that I became so acutely aware of the passage of time.  They mark it for me, every time they grow out of their clothes, go up in a shoe size, say something that makes me wonder, “How’d they know that?!”.

Putting away outgrown clothes is bittersweet.  I feel conflicted about them growing up.  I really miss that baby stage, because it was so brief.  What’s sweeter than that teeny tiny creature passed out on your chest?

But I also love seeing them grow into these precocious little beings who direct me to, “Take my picture, Mommy.”  And how could I not?
(It’s not quite her birthday yet, but she’s taken with this shirt.  :)

One of my sewing resolutions this year is to make more of her wardrobe, so I purposefully did not buy a lot of 3T clothes for her.  I was going to start with t-shirts, but the pile of hand-me-downs we got included a lot of t-shirts, so I could probably go directly to dresses.  They are more fun anyway.  My second sewing resolution is to blog within a week of completing a project.  Otherwise, I put it off even longer.  :(  I enjoy blogging and talking about sewing, but 2012 somehow just blew through like a tornado and carried me away and before I knew it, it was 2013.  Hoping for calmer weather this year.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to more blog posts from Hidden in the Hem and seeing all of those fantastic girly clothes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading your comments, so feel free to say hello! :)